Mira and I as well as so many in our community and around the
world have been feeling great sadness to see the suffering as
a result of the recent catastrophic earthquake in Haiti. As we
are all feeling a desire to help in some way to relieve the pain
of those whose lives have been struck by the devastation,
below I have includes some ideas and resources to support
you in reaching out and making a difference...
• Of course, keep the people of Haiti in your prayers and
meditations. We can't underestimate the power to heal that
comes from bringing our hearts and minds together in prayer.
For in truth, we are all connected!
• Enlist your talents and those of others to organize a benefit to
raise funds for relief efforts. For those of you who teach yoga,
play music, or whatever other gifts you may possess, it is
always uplifting to bring your community together in some way
to both raise funds and pray for healing. Here in the
Philadelphia area, this Thursday night, Mira and I are
participating in an event called 'Chant Chai and Charity' which
will support a relief organization called 'Partners in Health'.
Here's the event link... http://act.pih.org/page/event/detail/wx7
• Here is a list of ways that you can donate. I've included
various links for you to explore the option that most resonates
1. PARTNERS IN HEALTH: Partners in Health focuses upon
research, advocacy and publications related to providing
health for the poor worldwide.
2. OXFAM: A group of non-governmental organizations from
three continents working worldwide to fight poverty and
3. RED CROSS: An easy and quick way to donate to the Red
Cross is to text the word 'Haiti' to the number - 90999 on your
cell phone. This will send a $10 donation to the Red Cross that
will simply be added to your cell phone bill.
4. WORLD CONCERN: Concern Worldwide is a non-
governmental, international, humanitarian organization
dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the
ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest
countries. To donate for Haiti Relief, go to...
5. AMMA'S HAITI RELIEF FUND: Amma, the great Saint and
Spiritual luminary is always quick to organize relief efforts after
any significant diaster. Go to this link and scroll down on the roll
down bar to find 'Haiti'.
6. CARE: Founded in 1945 to provide relief to survivors of
World War II, CARE is one of the world's largest private
international humanitarian organizations.
7. UNICEF: The U.S. Fund for UNICEF is absorbing all
associated administrative costs so that 100% of every dollar
you give to the US fund will support Unicef's relief efforts for
children in Haiti.
8. WILLIAM J. CLINTON FOUNDATION: Former president Bill
Clinton's effort to raise funds for Haiti.
• OUR BENEFIT:
Chant, Chai and Charity: Haiti Relief Benefit
Thursday, January 21st – 7:30 PM
Guest Appearance with Steven Groff, Sarah Halley
and Rama Bala
Haverford Square, 2nd Floor
385 W. Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 20005
In Prayer and Oneness!